I have been getting lots of questions asking how I’ve been able to maintain a certain level of health and what I’m eating. I have a few answers.
Here are the top 3 reasons how I’ve maintained a healthy, strong, and athletic body.
- I have mentors in the health & fitness world. They tell me what to do, and I listen to them. I get a good amount of knowledge from being well read on the topic of health, athletics, nutrition, etc. Books are a great form of mentors. I am also grateful to have coaches and high level performing athletes around me most of the time. If I ever have a question on anything, I ask them and get their opinion. Once I get their opinions, I experiment right away so I can form my own opinion and make a decision if the advice or opinion worked. So – find knowledge, surround yourself with like-minded people, and experiment on yourself.
- I have a few simple, easy, clean recipe’s that I rotate. I eat the same thing over and over for the most part. I have no problem with it. Eating the same food’s doesn’t have to be that bad. From my experience most people who complain about food getting boring and old just aren’t coming from the right frame of mind. You see I have totally reframed my mind to where I look forward to my meals. Even though I’m eating the same foods I’m totally overjoyed because I know my mind, body, and health is getting such a return on investment. I’m not overly concerned with the fact that I ate this yesterday. I’m more concerned with getting closer to accomplishing goals.
- Hard work in the gym. You can’t replace that. Put in the work. I forget who quoted this but I use it all the time when I do difficult things. “You gotta pay the cost, if you wanna be the boss.”
Let’s get into “Why I Meal Prep 52 weeks A Year”:
1. Health: Look better, feel better. Better life.
Don’t ever forget this – When you look good, you feel good, and when you feel good opportunities just seem to present themselves. I am willing to bet you know what I’m talking about. Everybody has had those moments where they are feeling extra good and guess what something great happened. You ran into a cute girl and ended up getting her number, or you make a good impression on a stranger and something cool stemmed from it. This is what I’m talking about, imagine feeling and looking good everyday because you have your nutrition on point. What kind of opportunities would present themselves on a daily basis? How would it effect your business and how much money you make? Why not find out?
2. Time: More time during the week to focus on what’s important; Making money, building relationships, & kicking ass.
I cook one time a week for 3 hours and I’m done. I don’t think about it for the next 7 days. I can dedicate 18 hours a day for the next 7 days to becoming stronger in all areas of life. I can work on the many businesses I engage in. I can free time up to spend with great people. I can spend more time reading books, improving my mind, and working my craft.
3. Clarity: something less to think about.
Mental clarity. With all the things we all have going on in our life, one less thing to think about goes along way. Especially when it’s such a critical item to our overall well being like food and nutrition. You’ll know exactly what I’m talking about once you experiment with this if you’re not already.
4. Energy: Energy for everything.
Food is fuel. Clean food is clean fuel. A great life requires energy and work. You can’t just slack off and expect to be happy and satisfied. You can’t be crashing and relying on stimulants to bring you back up to a mediocre level of performance. High performers eat to perform. When you’re constantly giving your body the nutrition it requires day in and day out, you’re body and mind will leave you feeling recovered, energized, and clear.
5. Health: Haven’t been sick in 2+ years.
Truth. Being sick sucks. Don’t get sick, prep your meals.
6. Cash: Save money and accumulate wealth faster.
I know I’m stating the obvious, but meal prepping is not only cheaper but it’s better for you. It’s a win-win. I’m no financial expert but once I started putting cash in the bank and leaving it there, my life got WAY better. I actually became a hell of a lot more confident as a result too. Cash is king. I have to give a lot of credit to meal prepping for this.
As you can see I am pretty passionate about meal prepping. It’s done so much more for me than just keep me accountable to my diet and workouts. It’s effected my health, my mind, the opportunities in my life, my career, my bank account, my attitude, and more.
So, what are some of your favorite recipe’s to prep? What has meal prepping done for you? Do you have any tips for me? Leave a comment and let me know!
Check out my comprehensive eBook –
This book includes my 5 favorite recipe’s for a weeks worth of meals. The benefits of meal prep are insane. You can visit the store here on the site and purchase your own copy.