Lives in: Los Angeles, CA
Contact me by submitting information here:
Kyle Nitchen received is B.A. in Construction Management from Colorado State University. He works as a Senior Project Manager at a national construction management firm. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife Nataly and their son. In his free time, he is a multi-sport athlete and the host of Nitch Radio – a personal and professional development podcast.
- Layton Construction Company – Sr. Project Manager: 2014 – Present
- NITCH Developments, LLC – Owner: 2020 – Present
- NITCH Radio [A Free Personal & Professional Development Podcast] Producer: 2016 – Present
Colorado State University, ACHA D1 Men’s Ice Hockey Team, 2010 – 2014
Colorado State University, Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Construction Management, 2010 – 2014
1) Cedars Sinai Medical Center – SCCT Plaza Beds & Mezzanine Respiratory Therapy & EVS Renovations | Beverly Hills, CA | Layton Construction | 2020 – Present | Senior Project Manager ($40 Million)
Design-Assist / Fast-tracking delivery method. Complex expansion/renovation of approximately 25,000 SF of space located in the Saperstein Critical Care Tower (SCCT) to allow for the addition of (26) new critical care patient beds.
2) Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center – Radiology, Surgery, & Emergency Department Expansions & Renovations | Thousand Oaks, CA | Layton Construction | 2019 – 2021 | Project Manager ($56 Million)
Complex & dynamic campus-wide transformation project. Includes over 15,000 SF of building expansion and over 50,000 SF of state-of-the-art renovations of hospital’s Radiology, Surgery, & Emergency Departments.
3) Cedars Sinai Medical Center – Saul & Joyce Brandman Breast Center | West Hollywood, CA | Layton Construction | 2020 – 2021 | Project Manager ($23 Million)
30,000 SF 3-Level building world-class remodel and renovation of new breast center, including exterior.
4) Valley Presbyterian Hospital – Emergency Department Expansion | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 – 2019 | Project Manager ($7 Million)
Full renovation and expansion of hospital’s operational emergency department. Plans include adding 20,505 square feet of space, increasing the patient bed capacity from 24 to 34 beds, and modernizing patient and clinical areas to improve access, comfort and workflow.
5) Valley Presbyterian Hospital – ADA Hospital Campus Upgrades | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 -2018 | Project Manager ($1.5 Million)
Accessibility upgrades to parking and path of travel from parking lots to building entrances.
6) [DESIGN-BUILD] Glendale Memorial Hospital & Healthcare Center – Patient Tower & Juncture Building Seismic Upgrades | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($10 Million)
Design-Build delivery method. Structural & tenant improvements, seismic retrofit, ADA upgrades.
7) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Nursery Relocation & New N.I.C.U. | Murrieta, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($2 Million)
3000+ SF, Nursery relocation and new N.I.C.U. inside existing hospital.
8) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Security & P.A.C.U. Upgrade | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($1 Million)
Upgrade existing pre-op care unit to function as a licensed P.A.C.U. by upgrading mechanical systems and functionality of space.
9) Loma Linda University Medical Center – OR Clean Core Modifications | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($1 Million)
Complete demolition and renovation to OR North & South Clean Cores.
10) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Vestibule & Pedestrian Extension | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($3 Million)
Extend hospital grand entrance pedestrian walkway and cover with conditioned glass canopy structure.
Hotels & Resorts
1) The Faena West of Collins Project – Atlantic Hotels | Miami Beach, FL | Layton Construction | 2014 – 2017 | Project Engineer ($95 Million)
Three ground-up buildings for the three block site – a performing arts center, retail bazaar, and parking structure. These distinct functions are linked by a sequence of public domains including a plaza, courtyard and marina dock.
Related Article: What I Learned Managing $100 Million Worth of Construction
1) Colorado I-25 North Expansion Project | Colorado Springs, CO | Kiewit Infrastructure | 2013 | Field Engineer ($67 Million)
Addition of (1) and (2) lanes along 21 miles of major interstate highway and construction of (2) cast-in-place concrete bridges.