Lives in: Los Angeles, CA
Contact me by submitting information here:
- $175M in Completed Construction Projects
- $250K Assets Under Management
Motivated & disciplined professional with a proven record of building relationships, creating systems, and managing projects to completion. Skilled in working in teams, thinking on the feet, finding solutions, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, and making critical decisions during adversity. Capable of working independently, creating effective presentations, and developing opportunities that further establish organizational goals. Strong interpersonal skills. Clearly articulates thoughts and ideas verbally and in writing. Positive impact consistently extends beyond expectations.
- Layton Construction Company – Project Manager: 2018 – Present
- NITCH Radio [A Free Personal & Professional Development Podcast] Show Host / Producer: 2016 – Present
- Layton Construction Company – Project Engineer & Assist. Project Manager: 2014 – 2017
- Kiewit Infrastructure – Field Engineer: 2013
- American Family Care: Urgent Care – Marketing Specialist: 2010-2012
“Every now and then I am fortunate to meet someone of incredible excellence. Today I had the honor and privilege of chatting with Kyle for a few minutes over the phone. I am truly impressed by his work ethic, accomplishments, and most importantly his heart to help other leaders develop and grow. Kyle, keep up the good work my friend! You set the bar of excellence tremendously high! The world needs more people like you. Truly thankful our paths have crossed!” – John Hawkins, Leadership Consultant @ BuildingEffectiveLeaders.com
Colorado State University, ACHA D1 Mens Ice Hockey Team, 2010 – 2014
Health & Fitness
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Fitness Nutrition Coach – NESTA, Inc.
- XPT Breath & Recovery Training
Colorado State University, Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Construction Management, 2010 – 2014
Training & Certifications
- Toastmasters International – Competent Communicator Award: The Competent Communicator is the first public speaking certification offered by Toastmasters. Delivery of 10 speech projects, each outlining a speaking skill to practice via a prepared speech at a Toastmasters meeting.
- Toastmasters International – Dynamic Leadership Level 1
- Project Management Fundamentals – Lynda.com
- 2014 OSHA 10 Safety Training
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Negotiation & Dispute Resolution
- Construction Finance & Accounting
- Investing & Real Estate
- Sales & Persuasion
- Digital Marketing & Social Media
System & Software Experience
CMiC Construction Software, Procore CM Software, Textura Payment Management, Primavera Scheduling Software, Bluebeam Revu, Pype AutoSpecs, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Mail Chimp.
1) [DESIGN-BUILD] Cedars Sinai Medical Center – SCCT Plaza Beds & SCCT Mezz Respiratory Therapy & EVS Renovations | Beverly Hills, CA | Layton Construction | 2020 – Present | Project Manager ($25 Million)
Design-Build / Design-Assist delivery method. Complex expansion/renovation of approximately 23,000 SF of space located in the Saperstein Critical Care Tower (SCCT) on the Plaza level for additional patient rooms/bed.
2) Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center – Radiology, Surgery, & Emergency Department Expansions | Thousand Oaks, CA | Layton Construction | 2019 – Present | Project Manager ($56 Million)
Complex & dynamic campus-wide transformation project. Includes over 15,000 SF of building expansion and over 50,000 SF of state-of-the-art renovations.
3) Valley Presbyterian Hospital – Emergency Department Expansion | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 – 2019 | Project Manager ($7 Million)
Full renovation and expansion of hospital’s operational emergency department. Plans include adding 20,505 square feet of space, increasing the patient bed capacity from 24 to 34 beds, and modernizing patient and clinical areas to improve access, comfort and workflow.
4) Valley Presbyterian Hospital – ADA Hospital Campus Upgrades | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 -2018 | Project Manager ($1.5 Million)
Accessibility upgrades to parking and path of travel from parking lots to building entrances.
5) [DESIGN-BUILD] Glendale Memorial Hospital & Healthcare Center – Patient Tower & Juncture Building Seismic Upgrades | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($10 Million)
Design-Build delivery method. Structural & tenant improvements, seismic retrofit, ADA upgrades.
6) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Nursery Relocation & New N.I.C.U. | Murrieta, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($2 Million)
3000+ SF, Nursery relocation and new N.I.C.U. inside existing hospital.
7) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Security & P.A.C.U. Upgrade | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($1 Million)
Upgrade existing pre-op care unit to function as a licensed P.A.C.U. by upgrading mechanical systems and functionality of space.
8) Loma Linda University Medical Center – OR Clean Core Modifications | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($1 Million)
Complete demolition and renovation to OR North & South Clean Cores.
9) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Vestibule & Pedestrian Extension | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($3 Million)
Extend hospital grand entrance pedestrian walkway and cover with conditioned glass canopy structure.
Hotels & Resorts
1) The Faena West of Collins Project – Atlantic Hotels | Miami Beach, FL | Layton Construction | 2014 – 2017 | Project Engineer ($95 Million)
Three ground-up buildings for the three block site – a performing arts center, retail bazaar, and parking structure. These distinct functions are linked by a sequence of public domains including a plaza, courtyard and marina dock.
Related Article: What I Learned Managing $100 Million Worth of Construction
1) Colorado I-25 North Expansion Project | Colorado Springs, CO | Kiewit Infrastructure | 2013 | Field Engineer ($67 Million)
Addition of (1) and (2) lanes along 21 miles of major interstate highway and construction of (2) cast-in-place concrete bridges.