Lives in: Los Angeles, CA
Kyle Nitchen has 5 years of relevant construction experience in the commercial construction industry. Kyle excels in the organization, administration, and coordination of construction in the sectors of Healthcare, Hospitality, and Heavy Civil.
- American Family Care: Urgent Care – Marketing Specialist: 2010-2012
- Kiewit Infrastructure – Field Engineer Intern: 2013
- Layton Construction Company – Project Engineer: 2014 – 2017
- NITCH Radio Podcast – Show Host / Producer: 2016 – Present
- Layton Construction Company – Assistant Project Manager: 2017 – Present
“Every now and then I am fortunate to meet someone of incredible excellence. Today I had the honor and privilege of chatting with Kyle for a few minutes over the phone. I am truly impressed by his work ethic, accomplishments, and most importantly his heart to help other leaders develop and grow. Kyle, keep up the good work my friend! You set the bar of excellence tremendously high! The world needs more people like you. Truly thankful our paths have crossed!” – John Hawkins, Leadership Consultant @ BuildingEffectiveLeaders.com
Colorado State University, ACHA D1 Mens Ice Hockey Team, 2010 – 2014
Health & Fitness
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Fitness Nutrition Coach – NESTA, Inc.
Colorado State University, Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Construction Management, 2010 – 2014
Training & Certifications
- Project Management Fundamentals – License 5DE4FC – Lynda.com
- 2014 OSHA 10 Safety Training
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media
System & Software Experience
1) Valley Presbyterian Hospital – Emergency Department Expansion | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 – Present | Project Manager
$6 Million. Complete renovation to existing operational emergency department and addition of new waiting room.
2) Valley Presbyterian Hospital – ADA Hospital Campus Upgrades | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 -2018 | Project Manager
$1.5 Million. Accessibility upgrades to parking and path of travel from parking lots to building entrances.
3) Glendale Memorial Hospital & Healthcare Center – Patient Tower & Juncture Building Seismic Upgrades | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager
$10 Million. Structural & tenant improvements, seismic retrofit, ADA upgrades.
4) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Nursery Relocation & New N.I.C.U. | Murrieta, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager
$2 Million. 3,000 + SF, Nursery relocation and new N.I.C.U. inside existing hospital.
5) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Security & P.A.C.U. Upgrade | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager
$1 Million. Upgrade existing pre-op care unit to function as a licensed P.A.C.U. by upgrading mechanical systems and functionality of space.
6) Loma Linda University Medical Center – OR Clean Core Modification | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager
$1 Million. Complete demolition and renovation to OR North & South Clean Cores.
7) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Vestibule & Pedestrian Extension | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager
$3 Million. Extend hospital grand entrance pedestrian walkway and cover with conditioned glass canopy structure.
Hotels & Resorts
1) The Faena West of Collins Project – Atlantic Hotels | Miami Beach, FL | Layton Construction | 2014 – 2017 | Project Engineer
$95 Million. Three ground-up buildings for the three block site – a performing arts center, retail bazaar, and parking structure. These distinct functions are linked by a sequence of public domains including a plaza, courtyard and marina dock.
Related Article: What I Learned Managing $100 Million Worth of Construction
1) Colorado I-25 North Expansion Project | Colorado Springs, CO | Kiewit Infrastructure | 2013 | Field Engineer Intern
$67 Million. Addition of (1) and (2) lanes along 21 miles of major interstate highway and construction of (2) cast-in-place concrete bridges.