Lives in: Los Angeles, CA
Kyle Nitchen has 5 years of relevant construction experience in the commercial construction industry. Kyle has excelled in the organization, administration, and coordination of construction in the sectors of Healthcare, Hospitality, and Heavy Civil.
- American Family Care: Urgent Care – Marketing Specialist: 2010-2012
- Kiewit Infrastructure – Field Engineer Intern: 2013
- Layton Construction Company – Project Engineer: 2014 – 2017
- Layton Construction Company – Assistant Project Manager: 2017 – Present
- ‘NITCH Radio’ Podcast – Show Host / Producer: 2016 – Present
Colorado State University, ACHA D1 Mens Ice Hockey Team, 2010 – 2014
Health & Fitness
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Fitness Nutrition Coach – National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association, Inc.
Colorado State University, Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Construction Management, 2010 – 2014
Training & Certifications
- Project Management Fundamentals – License 5DE4FC – Lynda.com
- 2014 OSHA 10 Safety Training
System & Software Experience
1) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Security & PACU Upgrade | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager
$2 Million. Upgrade existing pre-op care unit to function as a licensed P.A.C.U. by upgrading mechanical systems and functionality of space.
2) Loma Linda University Medical Center – OR Clean Core Modification | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager
$2 Million. Complete demolition and renovation to OR North & South Clean Cores.
3) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Nursery & NICU | Murrieta, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager
$2 Million. 3,000 + SF, Nursery relocation and new N.I.C.U. inside existing hospital.
1) The Faena West of Collins Project – Atlantic Hotels | Miami Beach, FL | Layton Construction | 2014 – 2017 | Project Engineer
$95 Million. Three ground-up buildings for the three block site along Collins Avenue – a performing arts center, retail bazaar, and parking structure. These distinct functions are linked by a sequence of public domains including a plaza, courtyard and marina dock.
Related Article: What I Learned Managing $100 Million Worth of Construction
1) Colorado I-25 North Expansion Project | Colorado Springs, CO | Kiewit Infrastructure | 2013 | Field Engineer Intern
$67 Million. Addition of (1) and (2) lanes along 21 miles of major interstate highway and construction of (2) cast-in-place concrete bridges.