This book is the solution that leaders at every level need—not just to understand the leadership game, but also how to play the leadership game, and win it.
MIND | SPIRIT | BODY
“Stillness as Ryan Holiday puts it is the river and the railroad junction through which so much depends. It is the key . . .
To thinking clearly. To seeing the whole chessboard. To making tough decisions. To managing our emotions. To identifying the right goals. To handling high-pressure situations. To maintaining relationships. To building good habits. To being productive. To physical excellence. To feeling fulfilled.
I highly recommend reading this book as well as the rest of Ryan Holiday’s work.
Extreme Ownership | Jocko Willink | TEDxUniversityofNevada
There is no one else to blame; you must own problems along with solutions; commit to lead up and down the chain of command.
The Power of Saying ‘No’ EPISODE 36 – May 26, 2019 Some things we cover in this episode: Why Do Things The Hard Way? The life changing power of saying NO How to improve discipline Life update How to manage social pressure Mental Toughness, Discipline, Character, Grit, & Fortitude Closing Gratitude IF YOU APPRECIATE THE SHOW, […]
Just as discipline and freedom are opposing forces that must be balanced, leadership requires finding the equilibrium in the dichotomy of many seemingly contradictory qualities between one extreme and another.
- A leader must lead but also be ready to follow.
- A leader must be aggressive but not overbearing.
- A leader must be calm but not robotic.
- A leader must be confident but never cocky.
- A leader must be brave but not foolhardy.
- A leader must be humble but not passive; quiet but not silent.
- A leader must be attentive to details but not obsessed with them.
- A leader must be close with subordinates but not too close.
So often the easy path calls us. Discipline means taking the hard road – the uphill road. To do what is right. For you and for others. The harder things are, the easier things get.