Hi, I’m Kyle Nitchen.
I’ve been writing at KyleNitch.com about personal and professional development since 2015. I am also known for writing my weekly newsletter. Click here to learn more and sign up. Some of my favorite topics include leadership, project management, mental models, and continuous improvement.
I received my B.A. in Construction Management from Colorado State University and I work as a leading Senior Project Manager at a national construction management firm. I live in Los Angeles with my beautiful wife Nataly and our son.
Here are few notable things about me…
Senior Project Manager for Layton Construction Company.
- $300M+ completed in state-of-the-art construction projects.
- Lean Construction advocate.
Founder of NITCH Developments, LLC.
- Buys, renovates, and rents high performing properties.
- Acquiring properties every year.
- Soon to open doors for outside investors.
Creator of KyleNitchen.com and the popular The Influential Project Manager Newsletter.
- Over 50 Articles published.
- Over 1,000 email subscribers.
- More than 10,000 visitors per year to KyleNitchen.com.
Speaker guest at group events, conferences, and on podcasts.
- Occasionally delivers speeches about leadership, project management, and continuous improvement.
- Guest appears on podcast shows.
- If you are interested in having me speak at your event, please click here to submit a request.
CrossFitter, weightlifter, and (former) athlete.
- In college, I was a starting defensemen for the Colorado State University Men’s Ice Hockey team.
- Best deadlift – 450lbs
- Best snatch – 230 lbs
- Best clean – 285 lbs
- Best squat – 405 lbs
- Best “Fran” – 2:30
- Best “Murph” – 40:08
- Best 1 Mile Run – 5:45
- Colorado State University, Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Construction Management
Other Projects and Interests
- Great speeches
- Great books
- Peak athletic performances
- Travel Photography
- Snowboard, golf, surf, trail run, bike, and hike.
1) Scripps Hospital – New Replacement Hospital | San Diego, CA | Layton Construction | 2022 – Present | Senior Project Manager ($Confidential)
Design-Assist delivery method. 625,960 SF ground up replacement hospital on a tight, urban site.
2) Scripps Hospital – New Medical Office Building | San Diego, CA | Layton Construction | 2022 – Present | Senior Project Manager ($Confidential)
Design-Build delivery method. 8-Story, 192,000 SF ground up medical office building on a tight, urban site.
3) Cedars Sinai Medical Center – SCCT Plaza Beds | Beverly Hills, CA | Layton Construction | 2020 – 2022 | Senior Project Manager ($34 Million)
Design-Assist / Fast-tracking delivery method. Complex expansion/renovation of approximately 25,000 SF of space located in the Saperstein Critical Care Tower (SCCT) to allow for the addition of (26) new critical care patient beds.
4) Cedars Sinai Medical Center – SCCT Plaza Patient Healing Garden | Beverly Hills, CA | Layton Construction | 2021 – 2022 | Senior Project Manager ($6 Million)
Design-Build delivery method. Design & Construction of a world-class state-of-the-art Patient Healing Garden that supports patients inside a brand-new (26) bed critical care pediatric suite.
5) Cedars Sinai Medical Center – SCCT Mezzanine Respiratory Therapy & EVS Renovations | Beverly Hills, CA | Layton Construction | 2020 – 2022 | Senior Project Manager ($5 Million)
Design-Assist delivery method. 3-Phase renovation of approximately 10,000 SF of space located in the Saperstein Critical Care Tower to allow for a new Respiratory Therapy & EVS Department.
6) Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center – Radiology, Surgery, & Emergency Department Expansions & Renovations | Thousand Oaks, CA | Layton Construction | 2019 – 2021 | Project Manager ($56 Million)
Complex & dynamic campus-wide transformation project. Includes over 15,000 SF of building expansion and over 50,000 SF of state-of-the-art renovations of hospital’s Radiology, Surgery, & Emergency Departments.
7) Cedars Sinai Medical Center – Saul & Joyce Brandman Breast Center | West Hollywood, CA | Layton Construction | 2020 – 2021 | Project Manager ($23 Million)
30,000 SF 3-Level building world-class remodel and renovation of new breast center, including exterior.
8) Valley Presbyterian Hospital – Emergency Department Expansion | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 – 2019 | Project Manager ($7 Million)
Full renovation and expansion of hospital’s operational emergency department. Plans include adding 20,505 square feet of space, increasing the patient bed capacity from 24 to 34 beds, and modernizing patient and clinical areas to improve access, comfort and workflow.
9) Valley Presbyterian Hospital – ADA Hospital Campus Upgrades | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 -2018 | Project Manager ($1.5 Million)
Accessibility upgrades to parking and path of travel from parking lots to building entrances.
10) Glendale Memorial Hospital & Healthcare Center – Patient Tower & Juncture Building Seismic Upgrades | Los Angeles, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($10 Million)
Design-Build delivery method. Structural & tenant improvements, seismic retrofit, ADA upgrades.
11) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Nursery Relocation & New N.I.C.U. | Murrieta, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($2 Million)
3000+ SF, Nursery relocation and new N.I.C.U. inside existing hospital.
12) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Security & P.A.C.U. Upgrade | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($1 Million)
Upgrade existing pre-op care unit to function as a licensed P.A.C.U. by upgrading mechanical systems and functionality of space.
13) Loma Linda University Medical Center – OR Clean Core Modifications | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($1 Million)
Complete demolition and renovation to OR North & South Clean Cores.
14) Loma Linda University Medical Center – Vestibule & Pedestrian Extension | Loma Linda, CA | Layton Construction | 2017 | Assistant Project Manager ($3 Million)
Extend hospital grand entrance pedestrian walkway and cover with conditioned glass canopy structure.
Hotels & Resorts
1) The Faena West of Collins Project – Atlantic Hotels | Miami Beach, FL | Layton Construction | 2014 – 2017 | Project Engineer ($95 Million)
Three ground-up buildings for the three block site – a performing arts center, retail bazaar, and parking structure. These distinct functions are linked by a sequence of public domains including a plaza, courtyard and marina dock.
1) Colorado I-25 North Expansion Project | Colorado Springs, CO | Kiewit Infrastructure | 2013 | Field Engineer ($67 Million)
Addition of (1) and (2) lanes along 21 miles of major interstate highway and construction of (2) cast-in-place concrete bridges.