How To Travel The World & Plan Your Own Mini-Retirement
EPISODE 31 – January 2019
Today’s episode is with founder of PassPortJoy.com – Matt Javit.
Matt & his wife Nikki made the decision to take a leap of faith to travel the world full time, to seek new adventures and opportunities, meet new people, and volunteer our services along the way!
In this episode, we discuss their story traveling the world and would like to share it with you. Enjoy!
Goals on Their Journey:
- Local Immersion: Understand the communities.
- Explore: So Much Beauty to be seen.
- Give back: Help others along the way.
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Some things we cover in this episode:
- Matt’s Origin Story
- Matt’s story from moving up the corporate ladder and leaving to travel the world for 2 years
- How travel makes your “richer” and better at life
- Why Mini Retirements will be a common experience in the future generations
- How to plan your own mini retirement
- How to stay places around the world for free
- Matt & Nikki’s favorite travel resources
- Closing Gratitude
Links, Products & Resources mentioned:
- Passport Joy Podcast 25: Free Travel with Pet and House Sits (3 Weeks in Zurich)
- TrustedHouseSitters Discount Code
- Podcast 20: Volunteering During Travel (Voluntourism) & Using WorkAway for Free Stays
- Google Flights is a tool that we often use to the cheapest flights
- The Charles Schwab account is the best for getting money out internationally.
- Podcast 39: Best Travel Spots for 2019 (Places You May NOT Know)
- YouTube channel to watch World Barber Shop Adventures and other videos from around the world.
- Find out all of the places that we have traveled to so far.
Listen to this powerful episode with Matt Javit in Episode 31:
Thanks for listening! 🙂 If you enjoyed this podcast, hit that share button and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes ❤ Would mean a lot to me and it helps other people hear the story.
Say Hello On: