High Performance as defined in this book is: succeeding beyond standard norms, consistently over the long term. This book is pure gold and recommended for anyone trying to reach peak performance in business, career, and life. Brendon is widely considered the world’s leading high performance coach (according to both Success Magazine and Oprah.com). The habits in this book are precise, actionable, repeatable, scalable, and sustainable.
Brendon breaks high performance down into 6 habits and refers to them as the HP6:
- Clarity – Who you are, what you do, how you interact, where you’re going.
- Energy – maintain focus, effort, & well being, stay on your A game.
- Necessity – Success is your duty, responsibility, and moral obligation.
- Productivity – minimize any and all distractions.
- Influence – Getting people to believe in and support your ambitions.
- Courage – Express your ideas, take bold action, face uncertainty.
In addition to reading the book, I also recommend watching/listening to this interview with Brendon & Lewis Howes on The School of Greatness Podcast.