The New Construction Leader
EPISODE 18 – October 9th, 2017
I’m excited to welcome another guest who shares common ground with me being an influencer in the construction industry. In this episode, I interview Erik Harrison who is a Project Manager for Cupertino Electric and show host of The New Construction Leader Podcast. We talk about all things construction management, leadership, books, mindset, and self-improvement.
I think you guys will get some value from this conversation. Erik is a guy you can respect because he works hard on striving to be the best he can be!
“Am I passionate about construction work? Not necessarily. Passionate about helping others achieve their goals? Very much so.” – Erik Harrison
“My mission is to make a difference in the business world, make a difference on the planet, and other people’s lives.” – Erik Harrison
Some things we cover in this episode:
- Trying to do what your passionate about vs. building valuable skills
- The mindset behind pursuing what you’re passionate about.
- Erik’s perspective on great leadership – 15:00
- How to save time and money by planning your work – 20:00
- What clear communication looks like – 25:00
- How to run productive meetings that produce results – 27:00
- Balancing professional and personal life
- The difference between the growth mindset and the fixed mindset – 32:30
- Prioritizing the important things in our lives – 45:00
- Advice for millennials navigating the early journey – 48:00
- Closing Gratitude – 53:00
Links, Products & Resources mentioned:
- Erik’s recommended books mentioned: Mindset: The New Phycology of Success by Carol Dweck , The Five Minute Foreman: Mastering The People Side of Construction, The Compound Effect by Darren hardy
- Erik’s Podcast: The New Construction Leader on iTunes
Connect with Erik here:
Check out this excellent interview with Erik Harrison, in Episode 18: