Many of you guys know that I’m a huge advocate of reading books and improving your mind.
Years ago, I received some incredible advice from a very successful man. He said “Kyle, it’s not enough that you read a lot. You have to read to lead.” What he meant was that you can’t just read to read. You must read with intention. You have to treat your brain like the muscle it is – lifting and stretching these ideas your putting in your mind.
Most importantly, after you do that you have to apply and experiment with everything you learn.
These are some of my favorite books that have had the greatest impact on me as I continue learn and become a strongest version of myself.
1. BOLD: How To Go Big, Create Wealth, And Impact The World – If I were to choose my favorite book of 2015, I’m pretty sure this would be it. This was an eye opening read, you will become aware of the how technology and business is exponentially advancing. It’s one of those books you can read once and immediately walk away leveled up. Accounts of robotics, 3D printing, driverless cars, genomics, and artificial intelligence bring home how much the world will change in the coming decades. This knowledge will become a great tool for people navigating their career and desiring to do big things.
2. Charisma On Command: Impress, Inspire, Energize Anyone You Meet – If there is one tool I would recommend people to have in their tool belt, it would be charisma. Charisma is a priceless skill and something that anyone can learn. COC will teach you how to tap into your charismatic potential so that you can turn it on when you want to attract people, experience, and opportunity into your life. It draws on analysis of the most charismatic people in the world, including Steve Jobs, Bill Clinton, Russell Brand, Oprah Winfrey, Martin Luther King, Tony Robbins, and more.
If you really want to take your charisma to the next level, enroll in Charisma University. CU is a 6 week interactive online course that I’ve completed myself. I can’t recommend it enough.
3. Extreme Ownership: How Navy Seals Lead & Win – The world always needs great leaders and this book is the holy grail on leadership and what it takes to lead a team, lead yourself, and lead in business. Extreme Ownership is written by two former Navy SEALs, Jocko Willink and Leif Babin, who now head a leadership training company. Extreme Ownership means taking full responsibility for mistakes made under your leadership and making the proper adjustments to prevent those mistakes from happening again. The stories and principles make it a must read for anyone trying exercise better leadership.
4. How to Win Friends & Influence People – This book is a timeless classic. I have this on my top 10 list because I cannot tell you how well the skill of winning friends and influencing people has impacted the quality of my life. This knowledge has brought me amazing relationships, beautiful experiences, and tons of opportunity. This book is all about building an attractive personality and becoming a genuinely interesting & interested individual.
5. Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable – Relentless is written by Tim Grover who was the personal trainer for Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Dwayne Wade. This book is great because Tim literally tells you all about how MJ, Kobe, & D-Wade think, act, and lead. Relentless means never being satisfied. It means creating new goals every time you reach your personal best. If you’re good, it means you don’t stop until you’re great. If you’re great, it means you fight until you’re unstoppable.
6. The Magic of Thinking BIG – The Magic of Thinking Big contains the secrets to getting the most out of your job, your relationships, and life. This books tells you how you don’t need to be incredibly intelligent or unique to have the success you want, you simply need to think in a way that cultivates success. By thinking big you can motivate yourself to improve your work life, earn more money, and get more happiness/fulfillment out of life.
7. Disrupt YOU!: Master Personal Transformation, Seize Opportunity, Thrive in the Era of Endless Innovation – This book will give you a new perspective on what’s possible in the world of business and personal growth. In today’s world of business, adaptability and creativity are more crucial than ever. The author, Jay Samit dives into what causes disruption in business and how these companies are making such an impact. This tightly connected world is exploding with opportunities of personal empowerment and financial independence. These disruptions were all led by people who first disrupted their assumptions of what they were incapable of.
8. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity – This book is my philosophy on productivity and time management. GTD—or “Getting things done”—is a framework for organizing and tracking your tasks and projects. What GTD gives you—when understood and implemented properly—is a foolproof system for keeping track of what you need to do, should do, or should consider to do.
9. ME, INC.: Build An Army of One, Unleash Your Inner Rock God, Win in Business & Life – This book is written by the rock god Gene Simmons. As you’ll find out, KISS being one of the most successful rock bands in the world was no accident. You don’t have to be a KISS fan (I’m not) to enjoy this book. This book will fire you up to succeed like no other. Gene is a straight up winner and he tells it like it is. The biggest thing that I gained from reading this book is Gene describing exactly how to prioritize life if you truly want to be successful.
10. The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, & Sex Desire – While this book will benefit you in more ways than you can count, you will also find that the principles and ideas presented in “The Way of The Superior Man” will radically improve your relationships with every woman in your life. Even though this book is written for men, I believe it be beneficial knowledge for women to have as well.
People ask me all the time, “Where do you get all the time to read these books?”
I follow up with, “Where do you get the time to eat 3 meals a day?” It’s all about priorities.
Look, you either get this or you don’t. Reading is something you know is important and want to do more of. Or you’re someone who just doesn’t read. If you’re the latter, you’re on your own.
Good news though! Here is a guide for getting some ideas on How To Read More Books.
Since KYLENITCH.COM is a community of high achievers, you should let everyone know:
What are some of your favorite books?
Happy reading friends.
PS: Enroll in Charisma University today and learn how to impress, inspire, and energize everyone you meet.