Ivan (Dynamo) De Jesus
How to Accomplish Your Bucket List
EPISODE 08 – April 9th, 2017
In today’s episode I got to interview my friend Dynamo De Jesus. Dynamo is an entrepreneur, artist, founder of Action Club, and overall amazing dude. Action Club is meet up group that acts a support group for your goals. The concept is amazing and has proven to be a huge success.
Since launching his first meet up a little over 5 years ago, Action Club has grown massively. There are now Action Clubs popping up across the country and even internationally in places like Europe, Australia, and Russia.
I first met Dynamo through one of the first friends I made when I moved to Miami Beach. Dynamo is a guy that I really admire because of his charisma, the way he treats people, and how humble he is.
He’s extremely successful in many areas of life but always puts his personal values before anything else, which I respect. I’m excited to have him on the podcast and I believe you will get a lot of value from listening to some of his philosophies.
“Being vulnerable is the key to leadership because it will allow you to connect on a human level that will really facilitate the empowerment of the group. Anything short of that is good leadership but not great leadership.” – Dynamo De Jesus
Some things we learn in this episode:
- The Kaizen Japanese Philosophy for constant improvement
- Ready, Aim, Fire VS. Ready, Fire, Aim – an action taking philosophy
- The strategy behind writing out 150 goals
- The power of self-awareness
- The documentary film project that Dynamo is working on called Sonder, where he interviews several 80+ year olds
- Sonder: the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness.
- Dynamo’s story & vision for Action Club
- How to start your own Action Club if interested
- How to structure an active meet up
- The concept of 7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon – How to leverage the power of the meet up and bringing people together
Links & Resources mentioned:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- The Survivor: 21 Spine-Chilling Adventures on the Edge of Death by John Goddard
- Email Dynamo if you want to be apart of Action Club and be invited to the Facebook group
Connect with Dynamo:
Facebook: Dynamo De Jesus | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out this powerful interview with a truly amazing person, Dynamo, in Episode 08: